Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Out with the old...

And by that, I mean lining. Uterine lining. I stopped all the meds last Wednesday so my body would shed this great thick lining and we could start birth control pills and get ready for the new cycle. I was worried because it took so long to start and now I'm wishing it never had. I'm not used to the cramping and bleeding. My regular birth control pills have very little estrogen so almost no lining gets built up and I have next to nothing to shed which equals one day of spotting, not several days of scenes from The Walking Dead. Sorry if that's TMI, but this is a blog about pregnancy, which is a bodily function. Skip the gruesome parts if you must, I'm sure there will be many. Anyway, things are happening the way they are supposed to so I'll start bcps again and hopefully, fingers crossed we'll transfer in February or March. And fingers crossed that this time it sticks. My IM is still waiting to talk to the doctor to decide which type of eggs we'll use this time. That will be a big factor in when we transfer again. Honestly, I'm missing the shots. Okay, not the progesterone shots which hurt and make my hips itch and make me think of nothing but sleeping and eating. But the estrogen shots actually seemed to boost my energy and make me easier to get along with. Apparently I need some of that. :)

But stopping the shots caused a massive migraine. It showed up on Friday morning and stayed (way past it's welcome) til Monday morning. It was the awful nausea, dizziness, sensitivity to light and sound. Every loud sound felt like an ice pick to my brain and all I could do was lay in my darkened living room. I couldn't read, couldn't sleep, and the TV killed me. None of the meds I have in my house came close to touching it. Turns out migraines are common when stopping hormones. Thanks for the head's up, nurse lady! It was awful, but made way worse by the fact that CJ had an early morning doctor appointment Friday that I drove too. Then he was irritated because we couldn't leave the minute I showed up and had to stay for the appointment. Which meant I got elbowed and hit and he made some really loud noises. But I kept my cool and we managed to get his blood drawn quickly and painlessly for all involved. When we got home Mike took him out on the golf cart and gator for most of the day so I could deal with the migraine. He seemed to have a good time regardless of me not getting to spend much time with him. And Friday night he dragged us downstairs and made Mike build a fire. We just sat and watched it quietly for an hour. That was a win. Then I showed him that we could put the fireplace app on the TV and watch it from upstairs. He fell asleep to it. We took him back Saturday afternoon and I returned to the couch. So much for the weekend.

 It's a new week, a new year. :) And next week I'm going to visit my son in North Carolina and my sister along the way since she's the halfway point between us. I haven't seen him since October and haven't been out to North Carolina since June of last year. I can't wait to see his house though he says it's crappy. Lol. And I'm pretty excited to eat some really good barbecue, collard greens, and fried okra. Also he's taking me to his favorite Korean restaurant which he swears has great sushi!

 If you're a surrogate and reading this, I hope your journey is going well! For everyone I hope the New Year is treating you right.


No comments:

Post a Comment